Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas/Winter Decorating for Your Home

Don't have room for a tree or even money for a tree this year?  No worries.  There are ways to decorate your home to create the festive beauty of the season.  I'm just going to share with you a few ideas that I've done to get your creative juices started.  The bonus is that most of these items were purchased at a second hand store.


This is a vine wrapped with lights and some red/gold beads.  Ornaments are hung on down the vine and I even put some flowers here and there that had fallen off their pics.  I used twist ties to attach it to the stair rail.


This composition sets on a buffet in my entry way.  A nativity set I had, a Tea Server decorated with cinnamon ornaments done by my grandchildren (see how:  http://glutenfreeforjen.blogspot.com/2011/12/cinnamon-ornaments.html) some great little decorations from the second hand store, some cinnamon oil scented pinecones and a piece of greenery.





In a living room window I moved my collection of tiny oil lamps aside and added a centerpiece and a few snowmen (my favorite).  The wreath was hung from the curtain rod but I may take my DIL's idea (http://www.forhimandmyfamily.blogspot.com/) of hanging ornaments from the curtain rod instead.  That would be beautiful.


Another short piece of greenery, some stray flowers a bird pick and a ball ornament.  Instant festive decor over a dining room clock.



Winter flower stems placed in a basket in the corner just adds a warm winter touch.  I leave this basket here year round and just change out the flowers.



Finally a entry way focal point that I created with several pieces of furniture, a lamp that was left in the house, a wreath, old window door from a cabinet, a swag, cute bear and a 'Faith' reminder.


Go shopping, no matter what kind of store you choose, and you can create a winter wonderland in your home with a few simple techniques.



No comments:

Post a Comment