Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Gardening with a Baby

I have to admit there were years where I didn't garden.  Those years were when my children were under 2 years old.  It was just to busy of a time.  Now that I'm in the over 60 crowd I never in a million  years thought I'd have a baby when I planted this huge garden (size of two city lots).  Then three weeks ago our 6 month old granddaughter, Gabriella Nicole (Gabby), joined us.  What to do?  Well we've hired a helper and need to hire another one, but Gabby does enjoy going to the garden for short periods of time.




Today we picked Strawberries, Asparagus, Sugar Snap Peas, Broccoli and some lettuce.  Gabby was 'mostly' patient while I tied up some tomatoes but the most fun was chewing on some snap peas while she watched me start the water sprinkler.  I can give her things straight out of the garden because everything we grow is grown organically.


No comments:

Post a Comment