Thursday, May 16, 2013

Clean Out That Freezer!

This years crops are going to be ready soon to go inside that freezer for winter storage.  I hate to tell you folks, but a freezer is not suppose to be storing food for several years.  NOPE!  You are only suppose to use it for getting you through until the next crop comes in.



This is the perfect time of the year to gear your menu plan around just what is inside that freezer.  One handy tool is to keep a inventory sheet of everything you put into that freezer and when you did.  This will give you an idea how much you really need to store for this next season.

As you can see my freezer actually needs defrosted before I can even make a list of what I'm going to be cooking but you get the idea.  I've actually NOT been a good steward of what God has so graciously given. I will do better this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment